Monday, April 11, 2011

Mr. Darcy's Diary

I swear it--I AM a bookworm!  You couldn't probably tell because I seem to have only posted scrappiness since starting this blog, but I do read, a lot.  However,  sometimes my scrappy self takes over and that is all I do with my free time:-)  Well, good news--I read a book!! 

Mr. Darcy's Diary by Amanda Grange was great!  Up until this point I have been very careful to not read any Jane Austen spinoffs.  I firmly believe that you cannot mess with a work of art.  But I saw this book while shopping on my Nook and I read the reader reviews and I thought that possibly this book might be okay.  What really sold me was the thought of getting inside Darcy's head--I mean honestly he is my favorite male romantic figure--and I think this book was successful at doing that. It surely was not up to Austen's standard, but Grange did a great job of expanding upon the story without ruining it.  Highly recommend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment