Monday, December 24, 2012

@ Twelve.....

Cannot possibly believe that I have a 12 year old.  It just seems so unreal to me that my little boy turned 12 on December 1st.  Where has all the time gone??  Next year he will be a teenager!!  Good thing I have a little over eleven months to get ready for that one....

Here's a page I scrapped celebrating Hayden's birthday......


I used Gossamer Blue's December kit which is full of bright, fun colors--perfect for a birthday page I think. 

I had originally chosen to use a color photo, but when matched up with the papers, I really thought it was too much color.  Changing it to black and white solved that issue and helped to draw the attention to it.

Tried my hand at embossing and learned some lessons: 
1.  Do not/be careful when embossing on patterned paper--sort of warps the page a bit (fixed this by laying something heavy on the page for awhile).
2.  No too sure if I like the Zing Silver Embossing Glitter.  It did not saturate the stamp as much as I had hoped and sort of stuck to places outside the stamp.  This could totally be from human error because I am a bit of a novice in this department or I might possibly need some new embossing ink. 

I also tried a new color--Black Velvet--from Heidi Swapp's Color Shine line and LOVED it.  It is an opaque black with some sparkle--perfect combo in my mind!

Wishing everyone a very happy Christmas Eve!

Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Fun page, the colors are perfect for a birthday layout :) I definitely want to try out some of those Heidi Swapp Color Shines!

    ReplyDelete