Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Sweetly Smitten with Sassafras

I have been dying to use my Sassafras "Sweetly Smitten" paper, so I was excited when I realized that this picture went rather well with the colors--the yellows, grays, and of course that pop of color in my daughter's shirt.  I also used sketch #67 from Inspired Blueprints.



I have to say I am really liking the alphas I used for "Crazy."  They are new Hardcover Thickers from American Crafts and I love that they are fabric.  It's a tiny detail, but I am crazy for them!  LOL  (I also have them in two other colors--of course!)  I also used paint on this LO.  I had promised myself to try some new techniques and this time I splattered some yellow paint around my LO.  Now this was so stressful because paint is permanent and I can't entirely control where it lands, how it splatters.....so I took it easy, figured less was more for this first foray, and came up with results that I quite liked.

Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment