Tuesday, April 30, 2013

A Little Late to the Darling Dear Party......

To be quite honest, I was not too stoked about SC's Darling Dear when it was released.  I really thought that the the colors and patterns were just not me at all.  Boy, was I wrong! LOL. 

Recently, I sat down with Citrus Twist's March Kit, which had several pieces from Darling Dear, and looked through some instagrams I recently had printed.  The reason I went to my instagram pile was because they have a more vintage look to them, much like the Darling Dear collection.  And these next three layouts absolutely blew my first opinion of this line away......



This is an absolute fave layout......these pics of Allora absolutely captured the happy little girl that she is.   They were snapped on my iphone and run through Instagram.  I kept the page fairly simple, just to let them shine.  The confetti was a fun addition, mimicking the the bokah print on Allora's shirt.  And if anyone wants to know the technique behind the confetti--I simply punched a piece of patterned paper using this punch directly over the layout and then glued each little dot down with a glue stick pen.  Tedious, but worth it.  

The next two are layouts I made using sketches from Citrus Twist.......


The picture in this one, featuring my brother, sister-in-law, and my kiddos, is actually an instagram printed in a Polaroid format from Persnickety Prints.  This is a new service they are offering and in my last order I included a few.   I was really pleased with how nice they looked.



This final layout came together super quickly and I kept it super simple.  I had originally experimented with large drops of white mist on the paper, but had not liked the results.  I think I should have shaken the mist more before applying because the drops left a bit of a water ring around the droplet that never disappeared, even after drying.  




So there you go--I absolutely <3 Darling Dear after working with it.  LOL.  (Which, by the way, is one of my reasons for loving kits--they take me out of my comfort zone!)

Michelle

2 comments:

  1. These pages are great! I really love your style here. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your style too! Love the confetti--- been using it a lot lately.

    ReplyDelete