Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Last Game....

My son made the All-Star baseball team for the nine and ten year old division this year which was so exciting!  It meant a lot of traveling, but it also meant a whole lot of fun!  I have lots of photos to scrap and have narrowed it down to three one page layouts.  This is the first one I have finished:



This was the photo taken after their last game.  It isn't the best because there is a horrible shadow running across the entire picture (I didn't have the guts to try and move not only the team but the dozen other parents with cameras to a different spot).  HOWEVER, the picture captures some really great smiles and I love it! 

I chose to use October Afternoon's Boarding Pass because I thought the colors complemented the sunset-ish colors in the pic.  I also got to use my new star punch and new fave technique--applying "confetti" or stars in this case to my page using Mod Podge!  Ever since I saw a tutorial on applying confetti by April Foster on the Studio Calico blog, I have become obsessed with it and am liking the result.  I am a little timid with it still, but that is how I approach any new technique :-). 

Well hope you all have a happy Wednesday, I know I will--today is the first day of school for Hayden which means lots of pics and new pages to scrap!!  I

No comments:

Post a Comment