Saturday, March 23, 2013

Love....Sweet & Lovely

I really love the trend of layers and that is where I take my scrapbooking most of the time, but lately I have been having fun just keeping it simple and these next two layouts really reflect that........



My children and I recently spent several days with my brother and his wife--something that has not happened in two years, so this pic is really special.  When deciding upon how I was going to approach this page, I knew I really wanted to keep the focus on my family.  With this in mind, I created simple layers and embellies and used a mask and my fave Mister Huey to draw the focus right to them.




Again, I went way simple.  I even had some help from Maleia who handed me the piece of lace after raiding my ribbon stash :-). 

 


I find it hard not to get caught up in what everyone is doing "now" and all the trends that seem to dominate scrapbooking galleries.  But lately I find myself more and more just doing what I really love and sometimes that is sweet and simple :-)

Michelle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment