Thursday, February 28, 2013

Sketchabilities #86....

Good morning!  Today, a few days early, is the reveal of Sketchabilities #86......



My lovely Maleia trying to have fun in the sand without looking at me.  LOL.  Little did she know I really just wanted to take pictures of her awesome beach hair!



Can I just say that Studio Calico's new lines from Winter CHA were just a dream to work with?!  Hands down this is their BEST release yet!  I was one of those psychos who haunted SC's site just waiting for their new products to arrive and when they did I hit buy!  I know, not so in line with my goal to acquire less product, but I will tell you that it was controlled buying.  I bought bits and pieces, not the whole lines, that I knew I would use.  And use them I did as you can tell!  (All products minus the AC Glitter Tape and Bazzil Cardstock are from SC's Snippets and Sundrifter lines.)

As for the sketch, I used it pretty liberally.  More as a guideline this time around :-).  The sketch, which you can see here, called for a large scalloped circle in the right hand corner, but I switched it up to better suit me.  That is one thing that I really strive for when using a sketch, trying to keep it "me."  The few, random layouts that I end up disliking are those that I try to fit myself into.  So to prevent any feelings of despair, I switched the scalloped circle out for a rectangle. 

Hope to see your take on the sketch.........

Michelle


1 comment: