Friday, May 18, 2012

Homecoming by Cathy Kelly....

Just finished this.....


Homecoming


For those of you who love Chick Lit like me, Homecoming by Cathy Kelly is a must read, especially if you have a spot in your heart for Irish authors.  (Actually, I have more than a spot in my heart; I have more of an obsession with anything that is anything to do with the British Isles because I am certain that life on dreary, rainy islands where people have cool accents and drink loads of tea is way more exciting than living in a small town in the foothills of the Sierras.) Anyways.....

I will honestly admit though, that I had a hard time getting into the book at first.  I think it was in part due to the fact that I have a hard time sitting still when I have mounds of housework to do, but also because there are several narrative point of views in the book and it took me a bit to sort all the characters out.  But, once I conquered that problem and found myself sitting a lot while feeding a baby, I was able to get into the story and really enjoyed myself. 

Again, as I have said before, I love it when there is an ensemble cast of characters and you get to hear from them all.  I especially liked the characters Rae and Connie.  Rae because she is a mother and I found her instantly relatable in that sense.  And Connie, because she is so full of self doubt that it reminded me of myself and made me question why I am that way.  Love it when a book makes you look at your own life in a new light.    

All in all, it was a lovely read. 

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment