Friday, May 04, 2012

All About Books...


Since Burlap and Buttercups had to close its door, I found a new kit club to subsribe to--My Scrapbook Nook.  Their last few kits have been super lovely and they have a super active community, so thought I would give it a go. 

Here's a layout using April's kit which featured Crate's Story Teller.  And I have to first tell you that I LOVE this line from Crate.  It is so versatile and the texture of the papers make me sigh outloud everytime....Okay, I am a little wierd. (Also must apologize for poor photo quality; thought I could shoot it indoors, but didn't work out quite so good.)




One of my faves about kits is that they can get you out of your comfort zone.  For example, I am not normally a plain chipboard kind of a girl.  However, as they were included in this kit (see the sunflower shape), I whipped it out, sprayed it a bit with some mist, and layered it under a tag and banner.  And I love it.  Also, I feel very clever when I do something new and out of my box :-).  

Hope everyone has scrappy plans for NSD.  I hope to be able to participate in some online fun, but with a newborn, toddler, and busy sports day tomorrow, I not certain I will be able to do more than one project.  

Michelle 

No comments:

Post a Comment