Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Game Time...

I will be honest--I have a hard time scrapping boy layouts.  I always struggle with finding the right color combos and this leads to major frustration.  Lately I have resorted to politely asking (more like begging or bribing) my son to change clothes for picture taking (this doesn't work all the time) to make it easier for me to scrap. 

Unfortunately, I did not have any say in the color of his Little Leauge Uniform.  Dark green and yellow.  Not too many products featuring that color combo.  (I will admit, during some games I looked longingly at the Angel Uniforms--which is disturbing because that means scrapping is always on my brain!).

Anyways.....last weekend I pulled these pics and challenged myself to find a solution.  And this is what I came up with:



For this layout, I pulled out my October Afternoon stash and started pullling out papers that I thought were masculine friendly.  Then, as I was going through them, I kept going to the combo of sky blue, pine green, and beige when I realized that these colors went really well with the background colors in the pics-the sky, the grass, and the dirt. 

I was super pleased with the turn of events and it took the pressure of trying to match colors to clothes off of me.  I will definitely try this again the next time.

Happy scrapping.
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made the pastels work for a boy---great layout! Also, I really like how you did the stitching!

    ReplyDelete