Thursday, July 12, 2012

Stewart.....Back from Vacation

Good morning!  I have been back since Monday from a week long vacation in the Eastern Sierras and am just now logging in to blogger...I think the shock of the heat upon our return home has zapped all my energy. 

What I want to share today is a layout I finished prior to vacation and it is one that I love.  This layout has quickly shot up on my list of faves for several reasons.  First, it features my husband and he looks absolutely HAPPY in the photo.  Now he is a generally happy person, but to capture that on camera is hard.  He usually instantly freezes into Mr. Tough guy when he sees my camera, but this time I got him!  Second, and this sounds incredibly lame, but I figured out how to make little chevrons out of triangles.  Yes, it doesn't take much to thrill me! 

Finally, the whole layout resulted from a new little design process that I tried.....Sometimes I feel a little overwhelmed with deciding what I want to do or try out on a layout.  I have ideas everywhere--written down, bookmarked, posted on Pinterest...So what I did this time, was I looked through some of it and made a short list of some techniques/design elements I wanted to incorporate.  The list looked like this:

1.  Big, bold burst of mist
2.  Use a big banner horizontally
3.  Layers
4.  Vertical paper strips on side edges.
5.  Journaling under photo-underline.

And here is the result:



So happy with the results!

Happy Scrapping!
Michelle

P.S.  Stewart is not the name of my husband, but the brand of his board!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous layout girl!! I love everything about it from the misting to the wonky layers on the side!

    Hope you had a good vacation and that you are getting back to some normalcy! It's always hard to get back into the swing of things after a nice relaxing week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Aimee! Have spent the whole week avoiding household chores :-). Hope you are having a great summer.

      Delete