Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Allora....

Occasionally I will print a photo and it will lay around because I am not quite sure what to do with it.  Usually this occurs because I am lacking the colors to coordinate with a photo.  Now I am not too entirely anal about being matchy-matchy, but I like for there to be some cohesiveness between the colors in the pic and the colors in my products. 

This next pic I scrapped was one such case.  Allora was conveniently dressed in a very neutral white, but the red in the blanket threw me--I have very little red in my stash.  (Now if I hit my Christmas past stash, I would be overwhelmed with red!). 

This pic has sat sadly waiting since May, until I got a hold of some Basic Grey Paper Cottage from the August Paper Posies kit.   Now, I was very wary of this line at first glance.  I find a lot of the bigger patterns from Basic Grey to be hard to work with.  But when I flipped the papers to their B side, I found the patterns delightfully easy to work with.  So, along with the help of  Jen Jockish's Pop Off the Page class at Studio Calico, I created this:






Here is a close-up of some of my layers and some misting done using the hexagon mask from Studio Calico.....




Let me say, I am in love with this layout and the little girl it highlights! 

Michelle

1 comment: