Friday, September 21, 2012

Sweet Girl.....

I am ALWAYS up for a Scraplift challenge.  I find that lifting a project or a specific design element from another scrapbooker is a great way to improve my own scrapbooking.  This is especially helpful when it comes to trying a new technique or trend.

For this layout I participated in 2Peas' Scraplift a Pea Challenge.  I chose to lift this project by treezy. 



I really took the challenge literally and stayed super close to the original because I just flat out loved hers!  What really popped out at me in treezy's design were the chevrons made with triagles.  I don't have a Silhouette yet, so making my own chevrons from scratch can be pretty tedious.  However, by using triangles this task becomes super easy and quick. (I punch square and then cut them in half--takes no brain power what so ever which is just how I like it!)

When it came to product choices I used a mix of Crate Paper's Little Bo Peep and MME's Miss Caroline which I think were made for each other!  The two lines compliment each other so perfectly and they really fit my need for all things little girly!  And the glittery alphas from Crate are my new favorite.

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment