Sunday, October 21, 2012

Beach Baby.......

I have really been drawn to simple layouts lately.  I love details and layers, but there is something about simplicity that draws the eyes to the photo, allowing it to truly shine.  Here is an example........

I took a simple and classic shape--the square--rounded two of its four corners and laid them out on my cardstock, moving them around.  I finally decided on this flower-like layout next to my picture.  Keeping super true to myself, I incorporated some doilies too.  

When picking out my papers for this, I instantly thought of the stack of For the Record 2 Documented that I had.  At first glance, the collection does not scream "beachy," but when I paired the line with the photo, I think it worked.  

Also please note, I allowed my hoarding self to break into my package of yellow Lullabye Thickers that I have had for two years!  Yeah me!  

Hope everyone is having a great Sunday.  Here, we are planning a little time at the park followed my some hot chocolate.   Happy scrapping.

Michelle
 

No comments:

Post a Comment