Tuesday, February 28, 2012

You Are Two.....

I am so in love with the color combo of pink and brown.  I just cannot get enough of it :-). 

This layout was inspired by another layout posted on Bella Blvd.'s blog during Challenge week.  One layout by a designer featured a block of hearts placed on a piece of vellum.  I knew instantly that I wanted to try this myself.  I varied mine by using different shaped hearts and more of them.  I also stapled some hearts on to add some dimension (I could have also sewn them on).  And I really liked the results.  I am super anxious to try this same technique with butterflies!

Due to the business of the heart block, I chose to keep the rest of the layout pretty simple to keep the focus on the photo.

Here's my wonderful girl on her birthday:



Up next and in keeping with my brown and pink theme, is "Making Cupcakes":



Leia has really taken to "making" with mama and on the day of her birthday she was right up there with me making cupcakes.  Loved this!

This layout is based off of sketch #308 from Sketch Inspiration.  I am really making an effort to make sketches my own and this one is an example of that.  I kept to the general layout design, but really tweeked it to fit me and I am very proud of the end product.  Too often I find myself getting frustrated trying to stick to a set design, but not this time :-). 

Hope everyone gets off to a good week.  I am starting out with one sick child and plans to start work on a new blanket for Leia.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Michelle ~ I'm in LOVE with these layouts!!

    ReplyDelete